The Highbury Satellite Provisions
The purpose of the Satellite Provisions is to provide another option for Key Stage 1 and 2 children with significant special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and an Education Health Care plan (EHC). They aim to ensure that all children have access to high-quality, personalised teaching and learning, as well as inclusion opportunities within the mainstream school environment. Whilst the Satellite Provisions are based within a mainstream setting, they are essentially an extension of Highbury Specialist School; Highbury are named on their EHC plan, and the provisions are run by Highbury staff.
There are currently 3 Satellite Provisions. Staff, parents and children will refer to these as:
• The Hub @ Copley (KS2)
• The Hive @ Withinfields (KS1) coming soon…
• The Hub @ Withinfields (KS2) coming soon…
Aims of the Satellite Provisions
• To provide highly personalised education which is planned according to the needs and priorities of individuals with SEND.
• To ensure that all children experience success in their learning and benefit from increased self-esteem and confidence.
• To prioritise functional skills that will ensure children’s access to the wider world and their safety.
• To provide carefully planned, monitored and evaluated opportunities to attend lessons and activities in the wider school to ensure the Satellite Provisions offer genuine inclusion, integration and access to mainstream peer groups.
• To provide an environment where children can learn successfully at a pace and in a way which best suits their needs.
• To recognise and support the contribution of the wider family.
• To support children to develop effective learning behaviour leading to increased self-regulation and participation.
• To fully utilise the expertise of Satellite Provision staff in securing best possible outcomes for all children.
For more information please see our Satellite Provision Brochure or come to an open event:
The following video was created by the children at Copley Hub and explains everything you need to know about the provision offered.